At Waterstone Mortgage, we take pride in our positive and forward-thinking company culture. We know even the best culture needs to revisit itself to meet a growing company’s needs. Therefore, we’re always working to maintain and improve the culture our employees have come to appreciate and enjoy.
One of the ways we maintain an uplifting company culture is by letting employees know their voice is heard. We welcome feedback and insight from all employees – whether it be ideas to improve a current process or create a new one. Our employees value this level of freedom and empowerment, which fosters a sense of confidence and high morale throughout the corporate office and branches.
We understand that an exceptional company culture doesn’t happen on its own. We make a deliberate effort to engage with and encourage employees. We come up with fun events and programs to promote a sense of solidarity within the company, as well as charity and community involvement opportunities to help give back to our local neighborhoods.
At Waterstone Mortgage, we offer annual events and conferences where our professionals can network, share best practices, and enjoy getting to know their colleagues from around the nation. These are great opportunities for our employees to learn from one another.
Our teams and departments are also highly collaborative in their work. There’s nothing better than having colleagues who are pleasant and friendly, who love their work, and who are skilled at what they do.
We also have a philosophy of promoting from within. This results in opportunities for employees in all areas of the company. As our employees grow their skills and knowledge, it only makes sense to offer advancement opportunities that commensurate with their work experience.
As a company, we also have knowledgeable, forward-thinking leadership team members, who are focused on growth strategies for the years ahead. Our employees can be confident our leaders are not only thinking about the “here and now,” but are also building a solid strategy for coming years, which creates a stable and thriving work environment.
Who We Are
- Established in 2000; headquartered in Pewaukee, WI
- Annual origination volume in 2016: $2.5 billion
- Over 700 employees — and growing
- Purchase-focused company
Strength and Stability
- Wholly owned subsidiary of WaterStone Bank SSB (NASDAQ: WSBF), backed by assets of $1.8 billion
- Ability to lend in 42 states
- Branch locations in 23 states
- Approved Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and Ginne Mae seller/servicer
Positive Company Culture
- Forward-Thinking Leadership — focused on growth and strategy for the years ahead
- Growth Opportunities — A philosophy of promoting from within results in opportunities for employees in all areas of the company
- Events and Conferences — Company-wide events and conferences to network, share best practices, and have fun